Bai Xiaodong, male, born in 1971 in Tianzhen county, Shanxi province, who graduated from Shanxi Agricultural University with a bachelor's degree in 1994.
Doctor of Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution.
Director of potato research laboratory, researcher and master's supervisor of the Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution. Member and director of the Potato Committee of the Chinese Crop Society.
Director of the potato branch of China Seed Association.
Director of Datong Comprehensive Experiment Station of National Potato Industrial Technology System.
Chief expert of modern agricultural industrial technology system (potato) system in Shanxi Province.
Head of potato expert steering group in planting industry of Shanxi Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs.
Academic and technical leader of Datong City.
Strategic and technical expert of science and technology expert pool of Shanxi Provincial Science and Technology Department.
Expert of Datong City Science and Technology Expert Bank.
Academic Education & Work Career
Master, the direction of Biotechnology in Botanical disciplines, Shanxi University
Bachelor, Major in Crop, College of Agronomy, Shanxi Agriculture University.
2019.10 to date
Director of Potato Research Laboratory, Professor. Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution.
2014.3 to 2019.9
Director of Potato Research Laboratory, Associate Professor. Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution.
2006.2 to 2014.2
Director of Potato Research Laboratory, Research Associate. Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution.
1997.7 to 2014.3
Deputy secretary of Institute Committee, Clerk of Institute Committee. Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution.
2002.4 to 2006.2
Deputy Director of Potato Research Laboratory, Research Associate. Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution.
1994.7 to 2000.5
Research Assistant. Shanxi Agriculture University High Latitude Crop Institution, Probationer
Main Research directions
1. Selecting and breeding the new potato varieties.
2. Building virus-free potato technology.
3. Building potato high-yield cultivation technology.
Overview of Teaching and Research
Bai Xiaodong has long been engaged in scientific research on potato breeding, cultivation and practical production technology. He has presided over 9 projects of the modern agricultural industry system of the Ministry of Agriculture, national key R&D projects of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Shanxi Provincial Department of Science and Technology, Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shanxi Agricultural University and Lvliang City. He has participated in 19 projects such as National 863 Project, Science and Technology Support, Shanxi Provincial Key R&D, Organic Dry Crop, and Financial Support for Agriculture. He has published more than 20 papers in academic journals at all levels, including 12 papers by the first author. Received two national patents and developed 8 provincial and municipal local standards. Won the second prize of scientific and technological progress in Shanxi Province and five prizes of agricultural technology contracting.
Teaching and Research Projects
1. National potato industry technology system Datong comprehensive experimental station (2016-2020). Modern agricultural industry system, Ministry of Agriculture. Preside over.
2. Recommended methods and limits of nutrients for potatoes in northern Shanxi province. 2016-2020. Collaborative project of sub-topics of national key R&D projects. Preside over.
3. Research on the integration of potato processing variety selection and supporting cultivation mode and agricultural machinery and agronomy integration technology. 2016-2018. Subproject of key R&D projects of Shanxi Provincial Department of Science and Technology. Preside over.
4. Key technology research on potato quality improvement and efficiency. 2019-2021. Key R&D special projects for special industries, Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences. Preside over.
5. Research on potato quality improvement and yield-enhancing technologies to reduce cost and increase efficiency.2017-2019.Science and Technology Innovation Project, Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences. Preside over.
6. Integrated demonstration of integrated green and efficient technology of potato water, fertilizer, agronomy and machinery.2019-2020.Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences Agricultural Industry Science and Technology Leading Project. Preside over.
7. Key technology research and development for quality and efficiency improvement of potato industry. 2018-2020. key research and development projects for the introduction of high-level scientific and technological talents in Lvliang. Preside over.
8. Potato first-class seed potato breeding and standardized technology demonstration and promotion. 2017-2018, Shanxi Province, "three regions" talent support program project. Preside over.
9. Experimental demonstration of high-yield and high-efficiency cultivation technology of potato. 2021. Science and technology leading project of Shanxi Agricultural University. Preside over.
1. First author. Screening trials of high-yielding and high-quality potato varieties in northern Shanxi province region. Agricultural Science and Technology Communications. 2019:571(7):204-206
2. First author. Screening trials of new potato varieties in northern Shanxi province. China Agricultural Extension. 2019, 35(10):37-39
3. First author. Selection and breeding of a new disease resistant and high quality potato variety Jinshu No.26. Seed. 2018, 37(12):117-119
4. First author. Preliminary report on the effect of substrates on potato scab suppression. China Potato. 2002, 16(6):332-334
5. First author. Selection and breeding of the new national potato variety Tongshu No.20. Crop Journal, 2006, 115(6):63-64
6. First author. Abundant and efficient technology of potato replanting cabbage in Datong suburban area. China Potato. 2005,19(3):173-174
7. Corresponding author. Introduction screening and display trials of new potato varieties in Datong. Shanxi Agricultural Science. 2018. 46(8): 1302-1304.
Monographs and textbooks
1. Potato intercropping, Meteorological Press, 2019.3, editor.
2. Potato Cultivation in Highland Areas of China, China Agricultural Press, 2017.5, Associate Editor.
3. Potato cultivation at different latitudes and altitudes in China, Meteorological Press, 2018.7, Associate Editor.
4. A 10-year review of China's potato industry, China Agricultural Science and Technology Press, 2010.5, co-editor.
5. Shanxi Special Agriculture, Shanxi Economic Publishing House, 2019.12, co-editor.
Achievement, patent and regulation
1. Ploidy selection technology and application of National Trial Tongshu No.20 potato, Second Prize of Science and Technology Progress of Shanxi Province in 2008.
2. Selection and application of disease-resistant, high-quality, high-yielding processed potato variety Tongshu No.23, the second prize of Shanxi Provincial Science and Technology Progress in 2007.
3. Comprehensive technology for high yield of detoxification seed potato, the second Prize of Shanxi Province Agricultural Technology Contract in 2014.
4. Potato agronomic-agricultural-mechanical supporting high-yield cultivation technology promotion, the second prize of agricultural technology contracting in Shanxi Province in 2013.
5. Integrated high-yield cultivation technology of detoxified potato, the third prize of Shanxi Province Agricultural Technology Contract in 2000.
1. A kind of suppression device for potato planting. Patent No.: ZL2019 2 0199123.0, First accomplisher.
2. A kind of starting equipment for potato planting ZL2019 2 0199071.7, First accomplisher.
3. A method of high yield cultivation of potato under film drip irrigation in the north ZL2014 1 0432316.8, No. 5, Fifth accomplisher
1. Potato under-membrane drip irrigation technical regulations. Local Standard of Shanxi Province, DB /T 944-2014, Second accomplisher.
2. Green Food Potato Production Technical Regulations. Local Standard of Shanxi Province, DB/T891-2014, Thirteenth accomplisher.
3. Technical protocol for breeding of potato detoxified protoplasts. Local Standard of Shanxi Province, DB/T686-2012, Fifth accomplisher.
4. Technical regulations for pollution-free potato production. Local Standard of Shanxi Province, DB/T596-2011, Sixth accomplisher.
1. Tongshu No.20, National Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: national audit potato 2005001, Second accomplisher.
2. Tongshu No.23, National Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: national audit potato 2004003, Fifth accomplisher.
3. Tongshu No.22, National Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: national audit potato 2009004, Second accomplisher.
4. Jin Tongshu No.1, Ministry of Agriculture, NO.: GPD Potato (2020) 140024, First accomplisher.
5. Tongshu No.29, Ministry of Agriculture, NO.: GPD Potato (2018) 140064, Second accomplisher.
6. Jinshu No.26, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2015003, Third accomplisher.
7. Jinshu No.28, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2015005, Eighth accomplisher.
8. Jinshu No.24, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2014002, Third accomplisher.
9. Datong Liwaihuang, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2013001, Forth accomplisher.
10. Tongshu No.28, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2012001, Second accomplisher.
11. Jinzao No.1, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2011001, Second accomplisher.
12. Jinshu No.20, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2010002, Second accomplisher.
13. Jinshu No.17, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2007002, Second accomplisher.
14. Jinshu No.15, Shanxi Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Shanxi audit potato 2006001, Second accomplisher.
15. Dian Tongshu No.1, Yunnan Crop Variety Approval Committee, NO.: Yunnan audit potato 2016015, Seventh accomplisher.
Honors and Awards
1. "National Agricultural Technology Extension Advanced Workers", Ministry of Agriculture.
2. "Shanxi Youth May Fourth (Special) Medal", Shanxi Province, 2011
3. "Outstanding Communist Party Member" Shanxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
Address：No.18, Yingbin East Road, Datong City, Shanxi Province